Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Coming 'Round

Things are beginning to be on a roll 'round here recently in the creative department. The story for the wager Hubby and I made has turned into my solace and my salvation for having a husband and not liking him at the current moment. Oh, I still love him, to be sure, I just . . . don't like him all that much at the current moment. Will it pass? I can only hope.

With all of this drama roiling and boiling in the house - don't want to go into too much detail here - working on the novel and bringing the character of William to life has filled me with a pleasure I find nostalgic and at the same time something I've missed.

I have genuinely missed turning my talent, energy, and determination toward a story and its completion. Hubby is sometimes convinced I "run away" into the story, to writing, to escape my problems, and he is partially correct because I tend to do most of my writing in moods of greatest happiness or greatest darkness. Most writers do I think. Yet it goes so much more deeper into the psyche than merely running away from a problem, or problems: it is something I'm called to do and I have been ignoring that call for the past little while. I mean, I haven't been seriously serious in the writing process as I should have been.

Recently Hubby said I was not having anything published because I didn't want to succeed. Maybe part of me really doesn't want to be published because that would mean people would expect to read more of my work and I would have to take it all quite seriously, quite professionally.

(See, I have thought about things.)

Now, through all of the Nasty which is happening, I see where I belong more clearly than I've seen it in a while.

No comments: