Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Material on the Bed

None of my sewing projects are done yet. Why? Because I haven't found a large enough place to cut my material. Today as I was puttering around the house it hit me! The bed! Mommy used to cut material and patterns out on the bed all the time when I was growing up. I can do the same!

When this thought hit me I was filled with a different warmth, a warmth I haven't known for a while. It is a good thing, a wonderful thing, a memory thing.

In seeing this answer to my problem it is almost as if Mommy is telling me, showing me what to do. Now I understand not all the lessons we learn in growing up and growing older are truly lessons learned from teaching, but also from glorious example. My Mamaw did the same thing.

This is a good day and tomorrow will be an even better day because I don't feel quite so lost suddenly.

No comments: