Monday, October 11, 2004

*a thoughtful sigh*

Hubby and I watched Under the Tuscan Sun Friday night. I've been wanting to see the movie for a while, but, Hubby is a guy and doesn't really like to watch "girlie" or "chick flicks" all that much. It was a wonderful treat for me he finally broke down and rented it. I have to say I loved every minute of the movie, especially the thoughtful parts about putting your life back together again after something devastating happens. For the main character, Frances, it was a divorce.

As I watched the movie I found myself reflecting on my life and how it has changed and continues to change, because that is what life seems to do for you, change things about you - your circumstances, hopefully, are never the same, if they are then, perhaps, something is wrong. (Then again some people are quite happy with nothing ever changing for the better or worse, they like the status quo of boredom. I've known a couple.)

Through the progression of the movie you discover, with Frances, you have to actually do something to make your life change. It doesn't just happen, although sometimes it feels like it. We make choices that lead us forward or backwards in our progression through life itself. We live because of the choices we make. And, if you perceiver, "happiness slips up on you" as Frances says at the end of the movie (if I haven't misquoted her - ah, a good reason to watch the movie again!).

No comments: