Friday, October 29, 2004

So Much to Write, So Much to Say, and Don't Have a Clue Where to Begin!

Lots going on all of a sudden.

Habitat for Humanity House

The Habitat for Humanity House next door will be finished today. They have built it in a month and, I would expect, the neighbors will be moving in some time this weekend, if not beginning tonight.

Because the Habitat for Humanity House has gone up our back yard is being looked at very closely by the City Inspection Code Enforcement people. It's the back yard for crying out loud! No one's back yard looks spiffy here on this street because we're just working people! Hubby has worked on the back yard each day he has gotten home this week. If it isn't cleaned up we're going to have to pay $100 fine! Give us a break! If we're getting fined, why isn't everyone else on our street. Me thinks it is because we are directly next door to the Habitat for Humanity House. Please, bureaucrats need to get a grip when it comes to pictures! Besides, the only picture going to be taken of that house and this street is our side and the front of everything! And, the front of our house looks great I must say.

Voting

The long wait is over, and it really doesn't seem like a long wait at all. Just yesterday it seems there was campaigning and debates and the bit conventions happening. Now it is time to put up and shut up. Shutting up may be the best point of everything right now.

When the campaigning first started I was 110% behind Kerry. Then, somewhere in the middle, he changed what he was saying and speaking on. I was thunderstruck! He took a tack that seemed he thought would actually get him into the White House it seems instead of what he had originally been saying of what he wanted to do for the people!

It just hurt me to see him become a politician.

Now I'm not 110% behind Kerry. I'm not even 50% behind him now. I don't want to vote for Bush, but I'm not at all convinced I can vote for Kerry. If he changes his positions now, what is he going to do if he gets into office? And it hasn't been the media that has made me waver in my decision here or made me doubt. It is watching the debates, it is going to each candidate's web site, it is looking into reports and trying to be an informed voter.

This is actually the first election I've voted in for a couple of years. I didn't feel as if my vote mattered (and it didn't last time because of the coupe), and now I'm wondering if my vote is going to count at all still, but I have to do something.

No one is for the common person. No matter what is said or done - no one in politics is for the common man. They never have been. They never will be. It is all just a big political power struggle and people are being duped into believing they matter. Part of me still wants to hope it can happen, but each election that passes I am becoming more and more jaded.

Still, this year I will vote. I will cast a vote for who knows when I get there. And I'm voting because I'm afraid not to vote this time. Why? If I don't vote and at least make an attempt, I'm going to feel horribly guilty about so many things!

Mass Transit Ticket

Here in Fayette County, Kentucky, we have a horrible mass transit problem. Tied in with the mass transit is the WHEELS program which allows people in wheelchairs like myself to get out. The local government in its wisdom, wishes to cut the mass transit buses - if that happens, the WHEELS buses will also be cut drastically. There aren't enough buses as it is for those in wheelchairs and a cut would make it nearly impossible to get out and do anything. So, I am going to go and vote we keep the mass transit system we have and to improve upon it. I am urging everyone who lives in Fayette County, Kentucky (which is Lexington) to vote the same. One of the best things about cities is the ability to get from place to place - why should Lexington, Kentucky be any different?

The Novel Approacheth

Monday is November 1st. D-Day for the novel writing to begin. Right now I am chomping at the bit to begin writing and holding myself back is a small problem. There are already copicious notes made and I'm looking for writing music to accompany me through the endeavor. I've researched a little and know I will need to research more.

The story itself is in my head and spotty enough in all of the right places to make me wonder what is going to happen! This time I'm finishing the novel, doing a re-write and then sending it out! I'm not quitting this time because I think it is too hard. I'm going forward because it is a new challenge!

Conclusion

My rambling is now done ... I think.



No comments: