Friday, July 22, 2005

Accomplishment and Futures

WHRTTT is finished!

OK, the first draft is finished which means the story, so far, is told! The word count is a little on the downside 33,000+ but this gives me ample space to work with it and if I need to add sections I can. At this point I haven't begun the second draft - I need to just rest from it a bit and relax, then put on the editor/writer cap and dive in.

Surprisingly, the only thing that has me nervous now is writing the query letter for it. I mean, let's face it, it has been a long time since I've had to do this. My confidence is returning in leaps and bounds now, but has it returned enough to write an adequate query letter? My hope is yes, my answer will have to be proven rather than seen.

Since WHRTTT is finished I can turn more of my attention to The News and relax with it. Because I was working on WHRTTT, short stories filled the space of writing long projects, so I will be placing a couple of stories up here for perusal an sending off several.

The publishing schedule will hopefully go like this:

Monday - Tuesday - Writings, observations and tid bits.

Wednesday - Fiction or poetry from outside sources

Thursday - Fiction and poetry from yours truly.

Friday - Rambles, observations, tid bits and more fiction and poetry from yours truly while the time lasts.

Saturday - As I can fit in something

Sunday - Probably nothing because I am at Church all day and getting ready for the following week.
Nothing has really changed as far as scheduling goes, except for a few more additions of poetry and fiction by yours truly. Sometimes I think I just need to put it down to remind myself as well as anyone else who may just be interested in it.

Most of the success I have had recently has been encouraged by having The News and the bet with B. I need deadlines and challenges, and I have both with The News and with the novel (*squeeeee*).

No comments: