Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Time in the Writing Life

For the past several days, OK, maybe a week, I have been so filled up with the story of WHRTTT (current working abbreviated title) that I realized today I haven't done much of anything except write and research. I haven't cooked a full meal since I've been Working, and it doesn't look as if I will be doing that until this book gets finished. When will that be? I'd say within the next couple of weeks if I can keep it moving the way it currently is. There is definitely light at the end of the tunnel.

On contemplating leaving these people behind and starting up another, new story, isn't as depressing or sad as it may have been for me. In fact, I feel as if this is one of the better beginnings in my writing life. The characters are solid. They speak humor and truth and they act, well, they act the way they are supposed to, except for the occasional bout of trying to get ahead of my fingers and brain, of course. Still, I consider this par for the course.

The next story is there, too. It is simmering. Sometimes a large bubble will burst with that thick blub sound and a new piece of the expected puzzle, as yet unseen, falls into place. And, I believe WHRTTT has a sequel, or the potentials of a sequel.

So, to let all of you know - No, I am not bored with The News or you my dear Readers in any fashion, I have just had far too much on my creative plate to speak, which is wrong. I shall try and correct this problem in myself soon. Tomorrow we have a new fiction piece by Eric S. Brown. So, I have not forgotten you, nor will I, just, please, be patient, and if I have been absent of attention for this long again will someone please yell at me to get my attention focused again? Thanks.

No comments: