Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Catching Up On The Weekend

I hope everyone who celebrated The Fourth had an awesome and wonderful time. B and I actually relaxed for the first time in days it seemed. Maybe our bodies and brains were to the point to where it didn't matter what we did because our bodies and brains were simply going to rest despite what we may have planned. About the other thing of interest we truly did was to go to Richmond, Kentucky to visit his parents and be fed a wonderful July Fourth meal of hamburgers, hotdogs, ribs, and all the fixin's. It was great. We got back home about 11:30 last night and had a good relaxing moment before we went to bed. I must say, we slept soundly, at least I did, until my feet started hurting. B thinks it could be because it rained at some point after we were back home. It could be - having arthritis means never knowing when there will be a good day or a bad day or how quickly a good day can turn into a bad day, or a bad day into good. No wonder so many people who have arthritis are on antidepressants! It's enough to make you depressed!

The quiet peacefulness of the weekend and Fourth has given me the time I needed to refresh the writing batteries. You will begin seeing more poetry here on the site. Why? Because I am tired of writing poetry and it never being seen by other people. This is a new poetry book really, so it will appear in its first context and content here for all of you. When it is finished, I will collect all of the poems and place them in a book format somewhere and send them off to do their thing. This idea feels most right at the moment. All I can do is pray and hope everything comes out the way it is supposed to. One poem has already been presented here, so I will be working on more through the weeks and days to come. And, for those who are interested, no, I haven't finished the current novel, but poetry and novel writing seem to work well side-by-side.

No comments: